Delhi and Jaisalmer distance is approximately 773 kilometers (480 miles) by road. However, the actual distance may vary depending on the route taken and the mode of transportation. Traveling from Delhi to Jaisalmer takes around 13-14 hours by car or bus. Alternatively, direct flights and trains are also available between the two cities.
Delhi To Rajasthan Distance
Table of Contents
The distance from Delhi, the capital city of India, to Rajasthan, a state in northwestern India, varies depending on the specific cities you are traveling between. Here are the approximate distances from Delhi to some famous cities in Rajasthan:
- Jaipur: The distance from Delhi to Jaipur is approximately 280 kilometers (174 miles), and it takes around 4-5 hours to drive by car.
- Udaipur: The distance from Delhi to Udaipur is approximately 660 kilometers (410 miles), and it takes around 10-11 hours to drive by car.
- Jodhpur: The distance from Delhi to Jodhpur is approximately 610 kilometers (379 miles), and it takes around 9-10 hours to drive by car.
- Jaisalmer: The distance from Delhi to Jaisalmer is approximately 800 kilometers (497 miles), and it takes around 12-13 hours to drive by car.
Please note that these distances are approximate and may vary depending on the specific routes and mode of transportation used.
The Train Route From Delhi to Jaisalmer
Delhi to Jodhpur: You can take a train from Delhi to Jodhpur, which is about 597 km away from Delhi. Several trains run on this route, such as the Rajdhani Express, Mandor Express, and the Suryanagari Express.
Jodhpur to Jaisalmer: From Jodhpur, you can take a train to Jaisalmer, about 286 km away. Several trains run on this route, such as the Jaisalmer Express, which runs daily, and the Ranikhet Express, which runs three times a week.
The distance between Delhi and Jaisalmer is around 883 km. The duration of the train journey depends on the train you choose and the stops it makes along the way. Typically, the journey takes around 15-16 hours.
Please note that train schedules and routes can change, so it’s always best to check with Indian Railways or other reliable sources for the most up-to-date information.
Delhi To Jaisalmer
The distance between Delhi and Jaisalmer is around 800 kilometers. The best way to travel from Delhi to Jaisalmer is by air, train, or road. Here are the different options you can consider:
- By Air: The fastest and most convenient way to travel from Delhi to Jaisalmer is by flight. Several airlines operate regular flights from Delhi to Jaisalmer. The flight time is around 1 hour 30 minutes.
- By Train: You can also travel from Delhi to Jaisalmer by train. Several trains operate between Delhi and Jaisalmer. The journey takes around 13 to 18 hours, depending on your chosen train.
- By Road: If you prefer to travel by road, you can take a taxi or bus from Delhi to Jaisalmer. The journey takes around 15 to 17 hours, depending on the traffic conditions and your chosen route.
It is advisable to plan your travel, especially during peak tourist season, to ensure the availability of tickets and avoid any last-minute hassles.
Delhi to Jaisalmer Road Trip
The road trip from Delhi to Jaisalmer is a long and exciting journey, offering an opportunity to explore the countryside and experience the local culture. Here’s a suggested itinerary for a Delhi to Jaisalmer road trip:
Day 1: Delhi to Bikaner (450 km, 7-8 hours) Start your journey early in the morning and drive towards Bikaner. You can stop at places like Murthal for breakfast, Karnal for lunch, and Deshnok to visit the famous Karni Mata Temple. You can also visit Junagarh Fort and the National Research Centre on Camel in Bikaner.
Day 2: Bikaner to Jaisalmer (330 km, 6-7 hours). Leave Bikaner in the morning and head towards Jaisalmer. You can stop at the Kheechan Village to see thousands of migratory birds or the Ramdevra Temple. Once you reach Jaisalmer, you can visit the Jaisalmer Fort, Patwon Ki Haveli, and Gadisar Lake.
Day 3: Jaisalmer Spend the day exploring Jaisalmer. You can go on a desert safari, visit the Bada Bagh or the Vyas Chhatri, and watch a cultural show at night.
Day 4: Jaisalmer to Delhi (800 km, 13-14 hours). Start early in the morning and drive back to Delhi. You can stop at Pokhran to see the Pokhran Fort and have lunch at one of the roadside dhabas.
It is recommended to plan your road trip well in advance and carry all necessary documents and permits, especially for the desert safari. You should also bring enough water and food and avoid driving during the night as the roads can be risky due to the lack of streetlights and animal crossings.
Jaipur to Jaisalmer Distance
The distance from Jaipur to Jaisalmer is approximately 558 kilometers (346 miles) by road. The travel time by car or bus is around 10-11 hours, depending on the traffic and route. There are also train and flight options available between the two cities.
Udaipur to Jaisalmer Distance
The distance from Udaipur to Jaisalmer is approximately 490 kilometers (305 miles) by road. The travel time by car or bus is around 9-10 hours, depending on the traffic and route.
There are also train and flight options available between the two cities. However, it’s important to note that there are no direct flights or trains between Udaipur and Jaisalmer, so travelers must stop in Jaipur, Jodhpur, or another nearby city.
Agra to Jaisalmer Distance and Routes
The distance from Agra to Jaisalmer is approximately 887 kilometers (551 miles) by road. The travel time by car or bus is around 14-15 hours, depending on the traffic and route.
There are a few different routes you can take from Agra to Jaisalmer, but one standard way is:
- Agra to Jaipur: Take NH21 from Agra to Jaipur, approximately 240 kilometers (149 miles), and it takes around 4-5 hours, depending on the traffic.
- Jaipur to Jodhpur: Take NH48 from Jaipur to Jodhpur, which is approximately 337 kilometers (209 miles) and takes around 5-6 hours, depending on the traffic.
- Jodhpur to Jaisalmer: Take NH125 from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer, which is approximately 285 kilometers (177 miles) and takes around 4-5 hours, depending on the traffic.
Alternatively, you can take a direct train or flight from Agra to Jodhpur and then continue the journey by road from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer.